Proper nutrition transforms into better appearance and overall well-being for any canine. American Bully puppies are no different. The American Bully falls in the same class with pitbull. These can dogs grow into monstrous furry friends from tiny and helpless creatures if they are well taken care of.
In order to attain their full size, American Bully puppies ought to be kept on a protein-rich diet as they need to grow and develop muscles. This can be achieved through supplements or food specially made to suit their nutritional needs. Let us check out some of the best foods for American Bully puppy.
1. Bully Max High Performance Super Premium Dog Food
I think this is by far the best premium food for American Bully puppies. The performance based food is created to suit the growing and developments needs of your American Bully puppy. This is thanks to a remarkable combination of top quality ingredients made largely of real meat that is healthy and pet-friendly.
Meat is easy to digest and does not trigger any life-threatening allergies. Moreover, it is a huge source of amino acids that play a crucial role in the development of muscles. I love the nutrient composition of the package as it provides 535 calories for every cup alongside 20% more fat and 30% more protein than other foods.
Besides that, the food lacks plant-based ingredients like soy and wheat. Nonetheless, its ingredients are natural and organic not to mention the fact that the food does not have any preservatives, colors or artificial flavors.
The main reason why you should buy this food is that it comes with a 5-star rated performance unlike any other dog food in its class.
- Made for natural and pet-friendly ingredients
- Has no plant-based ingredients like soy
- Meat-based formula
- Contains 20% more fat and 30% more protein
- Performance based food
- Provides 535 calories per cup
2. Victor Dog Food Select Beef Meal And Brown Rice
Victor Dog Food Select Beef Meal And Brown Rice is another healthy food for your American Bully puppy. What I find impressive about this dog food is that it is balanced and complete.
It has high meat content including fish, beef and pork which are combined with other quality ingredients to provide a wholesome meal for your puppy. All this are natural and organic.
Other than that, it is created to meet the nutritional needs of large sized dogs such as the American Bully puppies. This includes 23% protein which is good for puppy growth and development.
It also provides minerals, vitamins and fatty acids to facilitate puppy growth and development. Nonetheless, the dog food is available in a variety of flavors depending on the main meat product.
- Made from high quality ingredients
- Pet friendly
- Comes in different flavors
- Made with beef meal and brown rice formula
- Formulated for puppy growth and development
3. Orijen Large Breed Dry Puppy Food
The Orijen Large Breed Dry Puppy Food is made with the interests of puppies at heart. It contains deboned meat making it perfect for puppies that have underdeveloped teeth and gum. Bones can result in injury for maturing American Bully puppies. However, that is not the case in this scenario.
Other than that, the food contains no grains which are perfect for pups with digestion problems. Similarly, its main ingredients include whole eggs, locally sourced meats, whole Atlantic mackerel as well as deboned turkey and chicken. All this are excellent sources of proteins and amino acids that help in growth and developments.
For a balanced diet, the food includes fruits and vegetable which are equally rich in nutrients. Most, if not all of the ingredients are sourced naturally, thus ensuring that the food is healthy.
- Offers a protein rich balanced diet
- Pure and naturally sourced ingredients
- Healthy organic ingredients
- Grain free
- Contains preservatives and artificial flavors which may be toxic
4. Bully Max All-in-one pack (Dog Food & Supplements)
The Bully Max All-in-one pack is another performance based dog supplement ideal for malnourished and underdeveloped American Bully puppies. Besides that, the food promotes buildup of muscles and also boosts the immune system.
I like the Bully Max All-in-one pack since it is composed of naturally sourced ingredients. This makes it safe for consumption for dogs at any age without fear of any adverse side effects.
To add on that, the supplement only takes only three weeks to manifest and for the results to show. The effects of the supplement remain intact even when you cease administering it to you pup. It is the kind of supplements you need for American Bully puppy training.
- Made from natural and healthy ingredients
- Results remain when you stop using it
- Takes three weeks to work
- Boosts growth and immune system
- Has no side effects
- Good for puppies at any age
5. Victor Dog Food Grain-Free Active Dog and Puppy Beef Meal and Sweet Potato
The American Bully food chat ought to contain huge amounts of proteins considering that they are huge dogs. Victor Dog Food Grain-Free Active Dog and Puppy is made to take care of the immense amount of nutrients required to get American Bully puppies to full size.
It is composed of 33% protein not to mention the fact that it has not grains. This is because some dogs tend to be sensitive to proteins from grains. The protein is made of a combination of fish, chicken, pork and beef.
The remaining ingredients are organic sweet potato and peas which supply carbohydrates for a balanced diet. For easy digestion, the food includes additives which also improve the immune system.
- High meat content
- Complete balanced with proteins and carbohydrates
- Has no grains
- Made with safe and healthy ingredients
- Contains 33% proteins
- Poor packaging
6. Maximum Bully Elite K9 Nutrition Chicken and Pork Dog Food
Besides being a premium dog food, there are several appealing reasons why I would recommend the Maximum Bully Elite K9 Nutrition Chicken and Pork Dog Food for your pup. Perhaps the most interesting attribute is the 32% protein and 22% protein composition that ensures adequate supply of proteins and fats in the diet.
In addition to that, the food is made up of yeast protein that plays a big role in general health improvement as well as development of robust muscles. Likewise, the food features a wide variety of sources for vitamins, amino acids and other nutrients.
All this are integral creating a balanced diet for American Bully pups. Nevertheless, the food has proven to be very pet friendly and gentle on the digestive system all thanks to a number of fiber rich ingredients including cranberry, pumpkin, oatmeal and probiotics.
Other essential ingredients are real pork and real chicken. It is also impressive to know that the dog food is made of natural products with no traces of additives or other processing chemicals.
- Five-star rated performance
- Composed of yeast proteins
- Provides 481 calories per cup
- Composed of 22% fat and 32% protein
- Gentle on the digestive system
- Some dogs with sensitive tummies experience vomiting and diarrhea
7. Nulo Puppy Food Grain Free Dry Food with BC30 Probiotic and DHA
This dog food is rich in body building nutrients ideal for underdeveloped puppies. It is composed of a combination of canned and kibble recipes that are grain free for quality nutrition.
Nonetheless, the food is pet friendly owing to the fact that it contains no preservatives, flavorings and artificial colors. It is defined by a high-meat formula that provides sufficient proteins and amino acids, nutrients that promote strong immunity.
Moreover, it features other healthy ingredients such as turkey, lentils, peas and salmon that are energy packed. The food also has a lactic-acid producing bacteria that boosts immune response and enhances metabolism.
Similarly, this dog food comes with patented BC30 Probiotic which makes the digestion process smooth and flawless. Additionally, Nulo Puppy Food Grain contains DHA what enhances cognitive development for puppies.
The protein rich food is also rich in phosphorus and calcium which accelerate structural and skeletal development. They also aid in transmission of nerve impulses and blood coagulation.
- Grain free
- Healthy and pet friendly
- Made up of 84% proteins from real meat
- Made from quality and natural ingredients
- Has patented BC30 Probiotic for easy digestion
- Contains DHA fatty acids that support puppy growth and brain development
- Contains calcium and phosphorus for strong bones and teeth
- Rich in energy
- It is poorly packaged
8. Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw
There is something unique about raw dog food and Stella and Chewy’s Freeze offers exactly that. The most impressive aspect of the food is that it is provides natural and wholesome nutrition for your puppy. Nonetheless, the food is grain free ensuring that you puppy gets sufficient proteins for proper growth and development.
Its ingredients are not only quality but also pure and organic. I like raw food as it is suitable for puppies with sensitive tummies or those with food allergies. This food includes real meat, bones and other organs that form over 90% of animal protein in the food.
In addition to that, the food also includes organic veggies and fruits that complete a balanced diet. Besides that Stella & Chewy’s Freeze does not come with artificial flavors or other food additives and chemicals.
To top it off, no preparations like preheating are required when feeding the food to your puppy as it comes ready for eating.
- Made from certified organic vegetable and fruits
- Contains 95% organs, bone and meat
- Composed of raw and natural proteins
- Suitable for puppies with sensitive stomachs
- Comes with additional minerals and vitamins for a balanced diet
- It is grain free
- Rich with antioxidants and probiotics
- Dog parents find its smell unpleasant
9. Muscle Bully Protein Supplement for Dogs
If you are in search for an efficient supplement to sustain and promote growth for your little furry friend then the Muscle Bully Protein Supplement for Dogs would be perfect. I love the product as it is specifically formulated for Bullies.
It comes with tones of active proteins and vitamins that support muscle growth and structural development. Active ingredients are easy to breakdown and digest. You can also use the supplement in case your pup is sickly, weak and underdeveloped.
The supplement is quite healthy and secure for your pup as it contains no artificial flavors, salt or sugar. For easy and accurate serving, the pack comes with a free scoop. Nonetheless, it can be served to puppies at any age. In addition to that, the product has creapure a top quality creatine that supplies energy and improves your dog’s strength.
- Highly effective
- Specially formulated for Bullies
- Meant for malnourished and underdeveloped puppies
- Suitable for puppies at any age
- Contains creapure
- Promotes structural and muscle growth
- Made from natural ingredients
- Comes with a free scoop
- Contains no sugar
- Has not salt
- Lack artificial flavors
- Contains active proteins
- I dislike the product as it only contains proteins making it ineffective as a mass gainer
10. Bully Max The Ultimate Canine Supplement, 60 Tablets
I would recommend you to buy this dog food for a number of reasons. To begin with, it is formulated to suit the nutritional needs of large dogs like American Bullies. The food is loaded with muscle building proteins drawn from natural products.
Besides that, it features a variety of aromas, flavors and colors that make it easy for puppies to ingest. To add on that, the food is pet-friendly with no side effects like vomiting or diarrhea. Bully Max tablets are known to boost muscle growth and development as puppies advance into adulthood.
Additionally, the food boosts a puppy’s immune system thus eliminating any risk of disease. Still, this dog food has proven to raise vision and improve metabolism for puppies in addition to promoting muscle development. Bully Max also elevates coat health and nourishes the skin. I think this is the perfect option to suppliant you puppy’s diet for accelerated growth.
- Made from natural ingredients
- Promotes muscle growth
- Some pets have shown sensitivity towards the tablets
Factors to consider when buying food for American Bully puppies
Below are essential factors that you should keep in mind while buying food for your American Bully puppy.
Puppies undergo different stages as they transform into adulthood. The level of activity and metabolism varies with age. All this stages require a unique diet and nutrition for complete transformation. There are age specific foods that you should buy depending on your puppy’s age.
- Activity level
American Bully puppies love to play and explore their environment. This heightens their level of activity. Therefore, they need a bigger supply of energy giving foods like fats and carbohydrates to sustain their level of activity.
- Food Allergies
The most common symptoms of allergies among dogs are redness of skin, itching, poor coat quality, skin infections and frequent body scratching. Any responsible dog parent should take note of any hypersensitivity that a puppy may have towards certain foods. Thus, be on the lookout for such symptoms and avoid foods with ingredients that may trigger allergies.
As mentioned in the point above, some dogs may be allergic towards some ingredients. On the same note, some pups experience diarrhea and vomiting after eating some foods. You should be vigilant of such scenarios. Artificial ingredients may also have negative effects. Make sure you get what is right for your little furry friend.
American Bully puppies are bound to get large in size. But then, there is the risk of overfeeding your puppy. You can check its size to ascertain the ideal amount of food that us suitable. It is crucial to feed your pup with the right food proportion to avoid making it overweight.
- Expiry Date
The expiry date indicates when the food will go bad. A puppy’s survival depends on the prevailing health and sanitation conditions. Expired food is poisonous for humans and dogs alike.
Ensure that you confirm the expiry date before buying. Similarly, do not buy foods with no date labeling or the packaging date. Perishable foods live vegetables need to be consumed faster. Such precautions eliminate any risk of food poisoning, vomiting or diarrhea.
Generally puppies need food that is easy to chew and digest. It is important to know how your dog eats in order to determine the ideal foods to buy. Home-made foods are not easy to digest or chew – compared to premium foods -especially for puppies.
- Feeding schedule
You should be aware of your Bully puppy’s feeding patterns while shopping for food. This caters for pups with dietary needs. The same applies for puppies with digestion problems. Feeding special pups the right foods at the right time helps in alleviating such problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a food for american bully puppy?
It should be mainly composed of proteins for quick growth. Otherwise, Bully puppies also rely on a consistent supply of carbohydrates, fats, minerals and other nutrients to grow and remain healthy.
Benefits of a food for American bully puppy?
American Bully puppies need to eat a balanced diet so as to get sufficient nutrients to facilitate their growth. Below are some of the benefits that American bully puppies draw from a balanced diet:
- Vitamins: a balanced diet should contain lots of vitamins. This includes vitamins E which are known to elevate a puppy’s immune system. On the other hand, vitamin A nourishes skin and hair. Vegetable and fruits are rich in vitamins.
- Fats: As much as fats are associated with obesity, there are some good fats that may be beneficial for a puppy’s well-being. Good fats help in food consumption and improve appetite. Puppies that eat good fats tend to have good hair coats.
The fats also improve a puppy’s physical exertion. Such fats can be found in fish oil, cotton seeds, soybeans, chicken and vegetable.
- Minerals: minerals play a big role in the growth and development of a Bully puppy. Some of the vital minerals that Bully puppies need are phosphorus, chloride, magnesium, sodium and potassium. Such minerals can be found in grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes and meat.
- Protein: Proteins are body building foods and Bully puppies need a constant supply of this food to attain their full size. This is owing to the fact that they contain amino acids that strengthen muscles, repair worn out tissues and develop the tissues as well. They can be found in meat products, eggs and meat.
- Carbohydrates: dogs are known to be very active when young and American bully puppies are not exceptional. They need a constant supply of carbohydrates for adequate energy to facilitate their play time. Carbohydrates are loaded to tons of energy for puppies. Some of the best sources of carbohydrates include corn, rice, oats and wheat.
- Fiber: Normally fiber does not get broken down during the digestion process. Moreover, fiber supplies no nutrients but aids in digestion. However, it eliminates the risk of diarrhea and constipation among Bully puppies. Thus puppy food should have traces of fiber for smooth digestion
- Calcium: Strong bones and teeth are essential for a dog’s survival. Calcium specializes in development of teeth and the bone structure. It is important for Bully puppies to have enough calcium as they grow. Excellent sources of calcium include green beans, canned fish, low-fat, milk and okra.
Types of food for American bully puppies
Premium American bully puppy food stands out for its quality. These foods can be purchased at grocery markets or stores. The foods are easy to chew and digest. They are composed of multiple ingredients which make up a more balanced meal for American Bully puppies.
Nonetheless, some brands are customized to meet a puppy’s age, level of activity, temperament and nutritional requirement. The only disadvantage of premium foods is that they are pricey and may contain unhealthy chemicals.
Just as the name alludes, raw dog foods are served to American Bully puppies and eat while uncooked. Raw foods are some of the best dog food for American bully puppies. There are several meals that fall under the raw foods including fresh fruits and vegetables.
Other than that, some organic foods fall under this category too. Some of them are salmon, turkey, eggs, yogurt and pork. The most unique aspect regarding these foods is that they do no undergo processing. This exempts them from chemicals, preservatives, additives and other by-products.
Foods free of such agents are healthy for American Bully puppies. They fortify their immune systems alongside increasing their reproductive capabilities when they grow older. Raw foods also strengthen their gums, teeth, shoulder muscles and jaws. On the flip side, raw foods are associated with bacteria. Still, most raw food are composed of proteins hence making meals unbalanced.
Rather than buy American bully puppy food, parents can make meals at home. There are different American bully food recipes depending on the ingredients used. Homemade dog meals could be composed of a single or multiple ingredients.
Some of the common ingredients for homemade dog foods include fruits, meat and vegetables. These ingredients could make stews, soups and solid meals. However, every meal should incorporate all nutrients to remain balanced.
As much as your Bully puppy may require nutrients to develop, adequate physical exercise is also necessary for growth and general well-being. The best food for American Bully puppy should not trigger any side effects. Above all ensure that you select food that is not just nutritious for your pup but also safe and pet-friendly.